‘Imagine for one last time that you are a spectator. Read this book and it will be impossible for you to imagine this again.’ – James Fry
‘This “Inventory of Attitude” is McLuhan’s successor as an analysis of pop that doubles as both an interrogation and manual for comprehending pop’s machinery as much as its capricious glamour. Compelling, extremely clever and thought provoking throughout.’– Michael Bracewell
Like no other book written with popular music at its central axis, ‘A Licence to Rock and Pop’ reflects the classic publication by communication theorist Marshall Mcluhan’s ‘The Medium is the Massage’ as its model by exploring what it will take to be the perfect Pop Icon.
This book is:
- A Self-help Book That offers the reader and alternative to being a passive spectator for the rest of his/her life.
- A Manual On how to embrace the courage required to become a first-class spectacle.
- An Antenna That transmits popular culture and the visual language of Rock and Pop music.
- This book ends with a questionnaire Which the reader will be invited to fill out an apply for their very own Licence to Rock and Pop.
- This Book is an Inventory of Attitude.
Designed by Fraser Muggeridge studio.